MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Aircon hasn't worked in my 180 for the last 4+ years since i bought it, are there any checks i can do to pinpoint the problem? Was thinking it must be out of refrigerant and needs a re-gas. Now before i fork out for a re-gas, i believe there is a pressure sensor for the gas, can this be bypassed or shorted in some way, if i can do this and the compressor kicks in ,i'll know where to start to fix it. At the moment nothing happens at all
Cheers chaps

·
A boffin and proud of it
1,893 Posts
Probably low on gas. Compressor does not kink in for a good reason - low on gas so possibly no oil in compressor.

You will need to spend around £40 on a regas. Don't bother until summertime!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably low on gas. Compressor does not kink in for a good reason - low on gas so possibly no oil in compressor.

You will need to spend around £40 on a regas. Don't bother until summertime!
Yer i read there's 2 or 3 parameters that stop the compressor kicking in, just thought i would start with the easiest one ,is there any way i can check it before i waste £40+ , there is a recession on ya know .lol .don't even think i will need it in summertime up here! just wanting the car A1

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, i'm the sort of bloke when i get attached to things i tend to keep'em, probably end up burying 'em in the garden . Ohhhhh Sharron :err: was contemplating buying a jag, but if i wanted a ford mondeo i'd just buy one:slap:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It's a MK1 matey
most places that regas offer a free nitrogen pressure test first to ensure the system wont just pi$$ the gas out again. Its a good start, if it does leak they usually stick a half charge in with a UV die that will show the leak up. Personnaly i'd ditch the car and look for a nice MK2.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And why would i want a Pektron plauged rusty fuel tanked project driven to the hilt mk2? Thanks anyway:)

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
My brother regased mine yesterday, was slightly low.

Does anyone know the correct amount of gas for the ZS? I believe it is 0.560 kg?

He put UV die in so if it does leak we can check it with a UV lamp.

Anyway, since then I'm not sure the aircon is working, the compressor kicks in as normal but the windscreen doesn't seem to get de-misted like it used to, any ideas? Maybe its me, but with this cold weather I can't really test if its working.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts