MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, only had my 105 for a week and really paranoid about someone breaking in to it. Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket alarm with cost? Any other information would be appreciated. Thanks! P.S. Car is awesome!

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
I've got a ZR+120 (without volumetric alarm again) but have to say, doesn't overly bother me.

Before buying my Zed, I looked round at a few other marques and I was amazed how many of them no longer include alarms at all on new models. I think one of the new Citroens (don't ask why I was looking at them!) doesn't come with an alarm and as the salesperson said "when you hear an alarm ringing, what do you do?". Point made.

I think the best thing is to say to yourself: look, it's got a basic alarm but it's also got an immobiliser. Regardless of any after market alarm, a determined thief will probably get the car anyway regardless. If you wanna stop em breaking in, to start with, no alarm whatsoever will do that. Park in well lit areas, ideally close to busy spots and cross your fingers!

Save the money you were gonna spend on car and get some mods!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that mate....wise words! Your car looks good by the way...I will have to sort out some pics of mine when I have a few mods on it.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Not a prob mate. That pic (avatar) of mine took me ages to compose. Everytime I took it some fcuker would pass by on the road outside and you'd see their headlights. Plus it had to be dark enough to appreciate the blue sidelights.

Cool ID, by the way.

Forgot to say, if you visit www.nmgo.info and clock on 'photos' then scroll down to second from bottom, you can view my Zed in the daylight. Plus there's a link with various (mostly cosmetic) "mods" which might give you some ideas.

Findlay

·
Registered
362 Posts
Most theives will only spend a couple of minutes trying to get in to your car coz any longer and they might get seen.

So the key to keeping your car is as follows.

1. Make it as difficult to get an opportunity to try and get your car, park it where people are close by or a well lit area, as Findlay said.

2. Proffesionally fit some clear, or better still tinted, barrier film to your windows. This sort of stuff has been proven to hold up theives for between 5 and 15 mins while trying to enter vehicles. Basically stops the glass from seperating when shattered.

3. If the little fcuker still gets in make sure that you have no valuables in there, youve got ur clip front for your stereo about your person and a steering lock or gear lever lock so they cant drive away.

Easy!!!!!!! Another tip. When parking in public car parks try and think where people are most likely to walk and park AWAY from those areas. Reducing the chances on some twat running a key down your door.

Oh and never p155 other drivers off in your home town, drivers have long memories and you never know if they are gonna park next to you one day!!!!

Happy worrying!!!!:shout:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts