MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Would you think it worth placing an ad in the above Magazine for this Forum? Any one know the cost of such an ad?

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
I don't know, but how about poaching obvious MGR supporters from the letters page in mags like Autocar. Perhaps contacting Autocar or the like and either passing the web address on or asking for the email address of the sender.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Robin

That maybe an idea - although I've quoted "Autocar" in the main site and COPYRIGHT may rear it's ugly head. :(

Can't think it would be of much help leaving links on the MG BB - as they have enough to contend with Mr MEGA!

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Its poor web etiquette (sp) to advertise one BB on another!
I will refrain from posting the URL of the MG BB I still prefer!!

On a seprate point, while I'm online, if you get the chance of doing a track day at Bruntingthorpe, be warned you are likley to suffer lots of stone chips!!

Kelvin

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Kelvin

Yes - I agree about the urls! However, the quality of the posts are exceptional on this Forum to date , so quantity is not better than quality. :D I perfectly understand your willingness to advertise the MG BB and site - you have been with them for a long time - continue to link to them if there is something relevent! :D

As I mentioned before, there is room for all of us out there - well I hope that includes this one :D

What was the problem with "Brunters?" Hopefully not with the cool bloo ZS! It is so annoying - this is the problem with airfield circuits as the surface is very abrasive and thus wears quickly. Built this way for grip for landing/taking off aircraft - trouble is we suffer when we take our cars on them.

I remember seeing a jet blasted Elise after using Kemble for the firts time - may still have the picture! :) It virtually cleaned the gelcoat after following another car closely!

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
You need to read the seat forum to seeabout brunters, I never booked to drive so was ok, had I done so I would need a respray, like some of yesterdays cars did.. and some explaing to the wife!!

You may like to know that some older MGs held up the good for the marque!! One certain MG Montego estate which at one stage was driven around Brunters by a BTCC touring car driver turned a few heads!! :)

Kelvin

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I can believe some of the older stuff would do well! Good on 'em. Yes, I did show interest in the day - but was obviously away.

From what you say about stonechips, I'm glad that I was elsewhere!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Any one got a number for this publication?

I will place an ad! Our membership figures are fine - but I think inadequate in comparison to ......... We need to build on the base soon or give up. Hope this makes sense!

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
OK

E-mailed both the magazines and asked them to place an ad for the Forums!

Moto-Build have just placed it on their Link Pages - will look at the rest and e-mail my request later!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hopefully the word will spread.

Although I do't post that often (I seem to spend far too much time working) I recognise that there is something here which is worth having, a meeting place for like minded souls.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
The Editor of "MG World" was most upbeat. Also, it has been pointed out off-line - what a response - virtualy immediate. :D :D Confidence is improving! :D

Guess I will have to subscribe - I only take Autocar on a regular basis (subscription and EVO).

Have subscribed to Autosport - Motoring News and Triumph World off/on. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Issue 28 of "MG World"

Bought "Issue 28," when I was in Hong Kong and I have to say a very good read it was too.

I particularly like the pro-modern MG articles featured. Although I didn't see an advert for this forum, maybe the next issue!

Basically, the magazine has articles covering the MGA - MG TF (new) - MG Sport & Racing - ZT180 - Knighthawk and much, much more.

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Issue 29 - Page 11 - use magnifying glass!

Well Philip Raby did place a one liner under "Shorts" in Issue 29 as promised.

Great Magazine - I think I'll pay for a proper ad to get the desired effect. :D You need a magnifying glass to find the "one liner" at the moment! :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts