MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been called a couple of times by one of these places representing the third party who bumped us last Saturday. Anyone had dealings with these kind of companies?

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
If you have gone through your insurance company, only refer them back to your insurance company.

Could find it might cause problems if you did start talking or writing to them.

Let your insurance company know whats going on and ask them to stop the acc. man. co. from contacting you.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
If you have gone through your insurance company, only refer them back to your insurance company.

Could find it might cause problems if you did start talking or writing to them.

Let your insurance company know whats going on and ask them to stop the acc. man. co. from contacting you.
Sounds good advice. You have a claim against their insurers, you don't want to get involved with anyone else except possibly the driver but that would be at some risk. The best way to deal with their insurers is to allow your insurers to do it for you.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

Told the lady I wasn't going to discuss it with her, gave my insurance reference number and let her continue yapping away as I put the phone down.:yakyakyak

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
You usually use these companies if you are not at fault. I have used one many years ago and it was excellent service.

When we bought our Hyundai; in the pack there was a leaflet for hyundai accident management and that was for any accident. It just ensures that new cars are repaired with genuine parts.

However if you are using your insurance company then you are right to pass it on to them.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I've never heard of such companies but it seems fairly obvious they're not acting in your interests. Although I can't think what concessions they can possibly get from you to reduce their client's insurance payout...which is probably the single reason why they exist.

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
I've never heard of such companies but it seems fairly obvious they're not acting in your interests. Although I can't think what concessions they can possibly get from you to reduce their client's insurance payout...which is probably the single reason why they exist.
The point of these companies is so that in a non fault accident you do not have to suffer any inconvenience, why should you.

If you have an accident that is clearly not your fault. They take over the administration of the claim. You get a hire car, your car gets repaired before the insurance has even gone through. Like I said excellent service when I used one, but in Christina's case it doesn't make any sense unless it was a new car.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
ever had an accident?

here's what happens, some muppet hits you, then you have to sort out getting the car picked up, argue with the ****e garage your insurance company insist on sending your pride and joy to over there choice of courtesy car, no a 15 yr old clapped out metro isn't a suitable replacement for my brand new sports car, then the muppet repairers can't get the parts from there supplier, even though they are in stock at the main dealers just a few meters up the road etc etc etc

accident management companies deal with all this instead of you ripping your hair out, someone hits your porsche, they get you a porsche as a replacement etc and it gives the insurance company a reason to pull there fingers out as they are paying for it

I could write pages about the hassle we have had with non fault accidents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts