MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
i ran mine with rev limit raised to 7200 for a long time but i wouldnt bother again without 285 cams.

·
12,325 Posts
it made peak power at about normal revs but then held the power all the way with no drop off.
It made no discernable difference at santa pod as i still needed 4th to cross the line at 98-99 mph.

·
12,325 Posts
Interesting; according to the gear ratios at 7120 rpm in 3rd the car would be pulling 102 mph.

Anyway; the whole purpose of the post was to share some theoretical info that may in the real world deliver a small advantage on acceleration tests.

My car makes peak power around 6730 according to my last RR, so I may give this a try at some stage.
yes i agree in theory it should gain something and thats the very reason i did it.
Standard car max speed in 3rd gear according to the mg brochure is 92 mph, with the raised limit i was changing at about an indicated 93 but that was with 40 profile rubber which alters the speedo reading by 1.5 mph i believe, i cant see you going over a 100mph in 3rd on standard profile rubber imo but you could see possibly 97-98 maybe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts