MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you lot that has a ZS 120 got a gear box that when driven nicley you go from 1st to 2nd, 2nd senems to be a little left from the 1st gear like a slight dog leg also reverse sometimes will not go in easy

Got my first scratch on Saturday driving into the garage at home caught my wing mirror on the brick work.

fitted my sub in the car at the weekend and the ****** head unit will not fit in the hole properly the gap at the back is to small, but hey is still sounds good.

is there many ZS drivers with subs fitted yet!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Heard that the ZS can be a tad tricky to put stereo equipment in due to the lack of space available. Suggest you try moving your wiring around a bit and try again as it is likely this getting caught...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Move the wiring :) I've had the glove box off and the wiring is pulled as far back as it will go, red knuckles, the hardest thing was get the 4 gauge cable through the bulkhead

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Aaah, fair enough... :D

Have you tried the "Nick Young traditional method"?

(that is just keep wiggling wires around and pushing it about in the hope that it will eventually "click")

:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the one, but the only thing that clicked were my joints in my fingers

Is anyone going to doncaster this weekend or will I be the only MG ZS there

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have similar scratches from installing my head unit. The problem was solved by pushing the loom out through the hole in the back of the console, behind which there is plenty of room, just not easily accessable. I made up a custom connector for mine so I didn't have to alter the existing loom, spent some time managing to plug it in and then the rest is easy.

Ultimately it's better than the nest of wiring behind the standard fit kenwoods, it can take several attempts to stuff all the wiring back there. I didn't have much problem feeding through a 4 guage cable, I made a hole in the existing gasket and then fitted a gasket around the 4 guage that fitted into it, quite a neat job in the end, although you only get one chance to get it right, mess up that bulkhead gasket and I wouldn't like to thread a new one on there!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Got a Sub in my ZS180 2 weeks ago.

10in 500w Kenwood sub driven by a 250w Kenwood amp in an enclosure for 170 quid installed a week after fitting a 6 cd-changer.

Sure enhances those crappy speakers but the 2 front door speakers still need upgrading pretty soon.

People (led by my live-in fiancee) tell me I'm too old for this sort of thing (31 this year) but I can't stand crappy in car sounds.

I'm spending all my spare cash on the car before she spends it all on our impending wedding next april.

:eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know how you feel Im 30 this sunday, and have just brought a amp which is 1 ohmn stable @1100 RMS and a 12" Rockford 2212 sub. the funning thing is I've gone over board for the extra quality at just above normal volume. Its better to have more ( much more for those sunny days ) than wanting more.

The problem now is that I didn't use any velcro to hold the sub down, I was having some fun with a mk2 GTI golf when the sub went quiet, I pulled over to see that the sub had fallen over and smashed the to screw holes on my amp, so its just laying on the boot floor for now.

But hey it still sounds great loads of deep down growl.

I dont know how into car hifi you lot are but I brought a cerwin vega 15" stroker for this car with a box with an internal volume of 4 cubic feet ( it took most of the boot up )

Will this forum have any meets in the future does anyone know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meets it the intention if memebers want to that. If you want to organise something place an ad under Events.

What about the Rally Supercar day at CC. Maybe too far for some though!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wheres that, and when is it. how many members are on this forum now.

It would be good now the suns coming out to have a MG Z/TF meet.

Theres loads of MG's up here in the north west that must be on this forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts