MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

A feast for the eyes

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  cerbman 
#1 ·
Over the past few weeks I have seen a blue ZT close to where my wife teaches.

Usually I leave for school after my wife has set off but I follow the same route and pass her school on my way.

This morning I caught her up so there was her yellow ZR being followed by my red ZS.

As we rounded a corner there was the ZT waiting to turn and follow me.

There we were, in line astearn with no other cars on that stretch of road,
Yellow ZR, Red ZS, Blue ZT.

The looks on the faces of people who saw us was priceless although I'm sure that some people thought it was a set up by the local dealer.

Talk about a happy coincidence.

#2 ·
JLD said:
Over the past few weeks I have seen a blue ZT close to where my wife teaches.

Usually I leave for school after my wife has set off but I follow the same route and pass her school on my way.

This morning I caught her up so there was her yellow ZR being followed by my red ZS.

As we rounded a corner there was the ZT waiting to turn and follow me.

There we were, in line astearn with no other cars on that stretch of road,
Yellow ZR, Red ZS, Blue ZT.

The looks on the faces of people who saw us was priceless although I'm sure that some people thought it was a set up by the local dealer.

Talk about a happy coincidence.
It's nice when that happens, a similar thing happened to me the other day, 5 Rovers in a line. The funny or sad thing is, would the French, Germans, Italians, Japanese or Americans be having a conversation like this?

#5 ·
Saw the blue ZT again this morning on my way to school, and guess what.............................. it's another teacher. It was parked in the car park outside one of the primary schools which feeds my wifes secondary.

#6 ·
Hi John, I've also seen the ZT you have mentioned. I saw the beast about 3 months ago for the first time. Don't think it was purchased at Wrights but I think it was either a dealership in Market Rasen or Louth can't remember, I was struggling to keep up on the relief road.

Looks nice, Must admit.

A couple of months ago went to Macdonalds at Noth Hykeham and there was a blue ZS180 parked up. I was amazed at the interest shown, people standing around just looking.

I do like the red best in the "Z" range.

Where did you get your from?

#7 ·
Jim

I think that this may be a different ZT, it has a YF51 reg - Hull, I think that it was bought from Welptons in Hull.

I think that there is another one in Gainsborough, saw it parked on a driveway near a friends house - severe back end damage. Looked like someone had hit it from behind!

My ZS (and her ZR) were supplied by Dixons in Scunny.

#8 · (Edited)
JLD said:
Jim

I think that this may be a different ZT, it has a YF51 reg - Hull, I think that it was bought from Welptons in Hull.

I think that there is another one in Gainsborough, saw it parked on a driveway near a friends house - severe back end damage. Looked like someone had hit it from behind!

My ZS (and her ZR) were supplied by Dixons in Scunny.
Scunny as you call it is the surprise of the world, if you asked people, who hadn't been to both, which is best, S****horpe or Gainsborough? most would think the latter because of the name, I know that Scunny seems an OK place.

#10 ·
I know it's awkward not being able to write Sc*nthorpe with out part of the name being overwritten but I can put up with that if it helps to keep those who just use BBSs to insult each other at bay.

#11 ·
Went to Lincoln today, no sign of Jim or his 'barge' (the office was closed).

Called to see friends in Gainsborough, the ZT near them has been fully repaired, don't know where but it was supplied by Wrights (probably Lincoln as they shut the Gainsborough branch just over 2 years ago)

#15 ·
Er......you're kidding ..... right?

Okay, it's build in Holland ..but greatest????

A carisma is a car for middle aged people that go on holiday to south of france with kids and caravan.
Mostly a carisma is a kind of dull red colour with standard wheels, drivven by people with no taste.
The chance to see a modded Carisma is as big as seeing a kiwi walking around in a wildpark in Sweden.

LoL, it's not as bad as I just wrote ... but I just don't like the car :D

Cheers,
Dennis

#18 ·
JLD said:
Went to Lincoln today, no sign of Jim or his 'barge' (the office was closed).

John - must have been after 3pm. At 3.30 pm I was giving the barge a shampoo and rinse. You can't miss the R75. White gold with "W" plate. Has an MG logo sticker in the back window! Yes, the poor thing doesn't know if it's a Rover or a ZT!

Called to see friends in Gainsborough, the ZT near them has been fully repaired, don't know where but it was supplied by Wrights (probably Lincoln as they shut the Gainsborough branch just over 2 years ago)
Will have to meet up sometime (Waddo) where the streets and closes are named after Australian cities and towns. Oh dear, I might have upset someone by using this local text/vocabulary.

jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.