MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
the voice of reason!!!
Joined
·
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past few weeks I have seen a blue ZT close to where my wife teaches.

Usually I leave for school after my wife has set off but I follow the same route and pass her school on my way.

This morning I caught her up so there was her yellow ZR being followed by my red ZS.

As we rounded a corner there was the ZT waiting to turn and follow me.

There we were, in line astearn with no other cars on that stretch of road,
Yellow ZR, Red ZS, Blue ZT.

The looks on the faces of people who saw us was priceless although I'm sure that some people thought it was a set up by the local dealer.

Talk about a happy coincidence.
 

·
True Brit
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
JLD said:
Over the past few weeks I have seen a blue ZT close to where my wife teaches.

Usually I leave for school after my wife has set off but I follow the same route and pass her school on my way.

This morning I caught her up so there was her yellow ZR being followed by my red ZS.

As we rounded a corner there was the ZT waiting to turn and follow me.

There we were, in line astearn with no other cars on that stretch of road,
Yellow ZR, Red ZS, Blue ZT.

The looks on the faces of people who saw us was priceless although I'm sure that some people thought it was a set up by the local dealer.

Talk about a happy coincidence.
It's nice when that happens, a similar thing happened to me the other day, 5 Rovers in a line. The funny or sad thing is, would the French, Germans, Italians, Japanese or Americans be having a conversation like this?
 

·
the voice of reason!!!
Joined
·
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saw the blue ZT again this morning on my way to school, and guess what.............................. it's another teacher. It was parked in the car park outside one of the primary schools which feeds my wifes secondary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,419 Posts
Hi John, I've also seen the ZT you have mentioned. I saw the beast about 3 months ago for the first time. Don't think it was purchased at Wrights but I think it was either a dealership in Market Rasen or Louth can't remember, I was struggling to keep up on the relief road.

Looks nice, Must admit.

A couple of months ago went to Macdonalds at Noth Hykeham and there was a blue ZS180 parked up. I was amazed at the interest shown, people standing around just looking.

I do like the red best in the "Z" range.

Where did you get your from?
 

·
the voice of reason!!!
Joined
·
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim

I think that this may be a different ZT, it has a YF51 reg - Hull, I think that it was bought from Welptons in Hull.

I think that there is another one in Gainsborough, saw it parked on a driveway near a friends house - severe back end damage. Looked like someone had hit it from behind!

My ZS (and her ZR) were supplied by Dixons in Scunny.
 

·
True Brit
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
JLD said:
Jim

I think that this may be a different ZT, it has a YF51 reg - Hull, I think that it was bought from Welptons in Hull.

I think that there is another one in Gainsborough, saw it parked on a driveway near a friends house - severe back end damage. Looked like someone had hit it from behind!

My ZS (and her ZR) were supplied by Dixons in Scunny.
Scunny as you call it is the surprise of the world, if you asked people, who hadn't been to both, which is best, S****horpe or Gainsborough? most would think the latter because of the name, I know that Scunny seems an OK place.
 

·
the voice of reason!!!
Joined
·
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know it's awkward not being able to write Sc*nthorpe with out part of the name being overwritten but I can put up with that if it helps to keep those who just use BBSs to insult each other at bay.
 

·
the voice of reason!!!
Joined
·
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to Lincoln today, no sign of Jim or his 'barge' (the office was closed).

Called to see friends in Gainsborough, the ZT near them has been fully repaired, don't know where but it was supplied by Wrights (probably Lincoln as they shut the Gainsborough branch just over 2 years ago)
 

·
True Brit
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Rover-GSi said:



I would be amazed to see a line of Spykers or Carvers tho.
They're both dutch, look gorgeous but ya don't see them that often.

Cheers,
Dennis :cool:
If we go back to the 60's you only ever saw British cars on our roads, whereas today that just isn't the case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
Er......you're kidding ..... right?

Okay, it's build in Holland ..but greatest????

A carisma is a car for middle aged people that go on holiday to south of france with kids and caravan.
Mostly a carisma is a kind of dull red colour with standard wheels, drivven by people with no taste.
The chance to see a modded Carisma is as big as seeing a kiwi walking around in a wildpark in Sweden.

LoL, it's not as bad as I just wrote ... but I just don't like the car :D

Cheers,
Dennis
 
G

·
Guys

Just hope you realise the Mits EVO VI & VII are badged Carisma's in some markets? But you knew that - didn't you! :)

0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds - now I know Jerry would say that's boring - not! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,419 Posts
JLD said:
Went to Lincoln today, no sign of Jim or his 'barge' (the office was closed).

John - must have been after 3pm. At 3.30 pm I was giving the barge a shampoo and rinse. You can't miss the R75. White gold with "W" plate. Has an MG logo sticker in the back window! Yes, the poor thing doesn't know if it's a Rover or a ZT!

Called to see friends in Gainsborough, the ZT near them has been fully repaired, don't know where but it was supplied by Wrights (probably Lincoln as they shut the Gainsborough branch just over 2 years ago)
Will have to meet up sometime (Waddo) where the streets and closes are named after Australian cities and towns. Oh dear, I might have upset someone by using this local text/vocabulary.

jim
 

·
the voice of reason!!!
Joined
·
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know the feeling, some of my pupils think that I have a picture of Atomic Kitten because I like the cars.

If that was the reason I could look at the wifes ZR on the driveway at home.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top