MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Dent Magic out this morning for the periodic make over. Removed four small dents from top of n/s/f wing. One small one from top of n/s/f/ door courtesy of a small stereo system dropping off the garage shelf. Also removed a small crease from o/s/r wing courtesy of me glancing slowly past some plastic storage boxes in my lock up. Oh! and a week old one from the lower o/s/r/ door courtesy of some lovelly individual throwing a door open into it I guess?

She's more or less spot on now. And the shine. You could shave in any panel.

Then walked down to get the Astra Gte back from the paint shop. We have to put some fittings back on then I'll post up some pics. She's looking nice too!

Then the poor old fella opposite me who suffers from Parkinsons Disease had his Mazda 3 Motability car taken away as they've now stopped him driving. That would really do me. The poor sod. I remember when my mum died and her car had to go back. She never drove but my dad did in her name. He'd been an hgv driver all his life and boy did that hurt him.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
My old dad had his Maestro catch fire as he was driving along, had the police and fire engine out. Anyway the police suggested at 90 he should consider giving up driving.

He was all for buying another car, but we got him a mobility scooter.

Used to drive that round the roads, because the pavements all have different levels for driveways etc. he felt safer in the road.

Least it kept him mobile and could get down to the shops. Used to polish it up every time he got back. Had to rescue him once, when he went too far and run out of battery.

Now I always let the oldies across the road if I see one on a scooter, or give them a wide berth if they are in the middle of the road.

I reckon a lot of the dents on the wings are where mechanics/DIY types lean into the engine bay and have mobile phones/tools etc in their pockets. Always try to make sure I've nothing that could ding the wing. Had two removed from o/s/f wing, but missed the n/s/f one.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than Lates recently and prospeed exhausts. I don't let anyone near her tbh. Ex trade, I do most myself. The dents have built up over past year or so. They do a great job in fairness. This was done in the rain using part of my garage for cover.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I used Dingoes, as you say, cant see where the dings were, once they do their magic. Cost me £50 per ding, but he did throw in one that was above the rear pass door. Didnt know if he could get it out but did a good job.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blimey, I did ok then. He did 4x small ones on top of n/s/f/ wing. A fresh one in o/s/r door. A small one in n/s/f/ door and a long crease on o/s/r/ wing charging me £90 don't ask who did it as my answer may incriminate him. But a top guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts