MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All a bit tatty, peeling lacquer. Assume no tyres as they are various and near the limit. One definitely needs a touchup where it has a slow puncture due to peeling lacquer. I'll rescue them from the garage and take pics if there is any interest.

£150 ono collected from Swindon or local-ish.

·
mgzr - the ultimate car.
6 Posts
Hiya,
From what u have said these wheels are in not great shape.
I am after four of the best ones you have.
I will need to refurb them and add tyres at considerable cost.
Therefore i can offer you 60 quid for 4.
Apologies if you find this offer a bit low, i am just adding up what its gona cost me (after i sell my mint hairpins with good tyres.)
Please pm me if you are interested, i could do with some photos also, thats if you are interested.
Cheers dude.
Arlo.

·
Got the MG bug bad...
1,307 Posts
To be fair bud, I think you know what his answer would be. Even tatty straights on Ebay sell for more let alone 6 of them in a set

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will need to refurb them
Yes you will, eventually. They work, but would welcome some tidying.

Therefore i can offer you 60 quid for 4.
And I can refuse :D
£100 for 4 and you can pick and choose from the mis-match of tyres I have left-over for free. I think that's fair and as low as I will go.

Good luck finding straights within your budget.

I'll see about getting some pictures up so you can judge how good/bad they are)

·
Its a V8 user thing...
2,122 Posts
Are you talking about straights like this but 17"?

Or the 11 spoke straights you get on the ZS mk2.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MK1 - the ones on the right ion that pic. Sorry for the ambiguity, I thought "straights" = mk1.

ANYWAY, at most they have mild scuffing, not like the ding on that wheel! I'll try and get pics up this week if interested. More likely to be next week though.

·
mgzr - the ultimate car.
6 Posts
Didnt mean to insult you dude, just thinking that its gona be 25 quid a wheel to refurb nicely. And then need to get new tyres.
Apologies again if i offended you.
I have a budget of 150, but all four wheels will need to be spotless ( or near on) and they will need good tyres.

Good luck in your sale.
Cheers,
Arlo.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offense at all! A few people on here will tell you I've made some silly offers myself ;)

150 wheels AND tyres? I got TWO tyres for £150 so very best of luck with that. I'd happily take £150 for 4 once I have refurished them if they don't sell.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you can take the tyres off I would be interested.
4x without tyre, 2x with tyre but if you're taking all 6 I'll get them removed. Might even clean them.

Erm, "Oz", as in "Wizard of" or the land down under? Either way I hope you have a UK address too as postage would be crazy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
4x without tyre, 2x with tyre but if you're taking all 6 I'll get them removed. Might even clean them.

Erm, "Oz", as in "Wizard of" or the land down under? Either way I hope you have a UK address too as postage would be crazy.
I am always shipping things to Aus, exchange rate is good at the moment.

They will need a clean or customs with impound them, if wheels have tyres on they have to be fumigated. So no tyres.

They will also have to be cable tied into pairs or maybe you have boxs as 3 together is maximum size I can fly over.

What is your best price then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts