MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
come on rimple spill the beans.
did you take the photo and where?
what did the back look like and was it the same as the honda areodeck?
ive heard on another forum that some one at longbridge converted a honda aerodeck to a rover but this is the first MG ive seen.
btw, with the success of the ZTT i think a ZST at the right price would be a winner!
thanks for the photo kev

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Hmmmmm. Lets look at the clues.
I see the leaves are falling off the trees, (autumn) and the red brick houses in the background are consistent with the Northfield estate, around Longbridge. Cofton Park area?
This is one of the several mules that have run around Longbridge for a while, and this has had some MG parts grafted on for evaluation. There was talk of using the Civic panels for an R45 est., but as the license runs out in 2004, the investment may not be worthwhile.

·
Registered
779 Posts
what ever happen to this? would be an ideal car, remember seeing in auto express a civic aero deck with mg badges on it, any more pics about?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have heard of atleast one being built privately using all new parts. Thought Rover would have covered this well before the ZS appeared.

Has the ZTT been a success? didnt think sales were particularly good compared to the ZT.

·
Bob say ,YES'
3,127 Posts
I see this post has brought up again these two cars are still in the Birmingham area they are owned by members of the public built by the same person ;) .

·
Registered
779 Posts
where they running the honda vti engins or mgr units. always wanted a vti but were a bit pricey for there age.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the black x plate one will be for sale shortly, 2ltr diesel at the mo but for extra dosh could have any option available, v6 zs etc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts