MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had it on good authority that my local dealer moved 43 cars in a week. :D :D

43 x 52 x 265 dealers = Lots of cars or nealy 600,000 cars pa!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Are there enough people in the position to buy a new car to support this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I don't believe so. Would be great if the figure could be sustained! :D

Just a cracking good week for them, guess the annual sales target will be as stated by MGR!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Doesn't suprise me one bit. I found this dealer to be most helpfull and after sales, advice to be first class.

Full tank of fuel and not invoiced plus a bunch of flowers for "TAZ" the wife seating on the backseat when I picked up the R75.

Little touches like this go along way in forming the right relationship with your dealer. It's a statement - yes we care about our customers. Keep it up. I will be see you for a MGZT 265/385 come April 2003. Can't wait.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What MGR dealer can sell that many cars in a week?

I find the statement offensive, especially as you think we are naive enough to believe your little story!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, Homer I have to disappoint you - 43 cars were sold by Kernahan of Witney . I'm sure they would not be too disappointed in me publishing this fact AND the make up of the sales were predominantly saloons - ZR & ZS! :D

The Managing Director is so confident of the future that they have just began a major expansion programme to update the dealership. :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Homer i can assure if you carry on posting anti mg rubbish on here your stay wont be long, also how is the story hard to believe if it is a fact?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sales

Considering the end of the "51" registrations is now upon us, I find it completely believeable that Kernahans sold this many cars in a week - last minute sales push before the new registrations come into play Thursday!

I say good on 'em, long may it continue!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I visited my local dealer this afternoon. Of the six cars in the showroom four were sold including a TF.

The salesman who I have delt with in the past said that last week was a record week for sales. So encouraging news all round.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MG_Addict

You could be right - incentives to sell. However, I thought it was the NEW registration people wanted? Or maybe that's when the cars would be delivered. However, the cars have been sold - John has just told of us another dealers success and I have read elsewhere of similar stories! All good news! :)

Be encouraging to get hold of Febs sales figures! :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Still too expensive for me new,i will wait 2 years when 24000 mile ZS/ZT's will only be £7495!,thats a bargain,don't believe me,well if Rovers past used value reputation is anything to go by my price is very optimistic!!!.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
43 cars in a week

Just to let you know I was at this dealers this AM and the amount of new cars going out was impressive. All the flowers for the customers looked good, nice touch from the dealership I thought.

A proud blonde drove out in her new Freestyle F not me of course don't think the other half could run to that. She was followed by the ZR and many more.

Good to see. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts