MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

4 point harness in a ZS

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  DradusContact 
#1 ·
#3 ·
have you ever driven a car with harnesses? you literally cannot move, so no changing the stereo, or leaning out the window to take that carpark ticket etc, a bad idea for anything other then a track day car.

Car should pass mot no problems with harness's, mine always did. You can always keep the normal belt fitted as well.

#4 ·
Yup mine was a killer, couldn't lean forward to look out at junctions, had to breath in before i was allowed to adjust the stereo, had to stop and take the belts off before i could reverse into my parking space at home, and i generally just felt like a bit of a tool using them on the road.

Had them 2 weeks and flogged them LOL :D

#5 ·
Cheers chaps. Been driven in one with harnesses but never driven one myself. There for a track car that will have some road use, not overly concerned about movement etc just don't want me or passengers throw around so much lol. Just if they will work with and be safe with normal seats? What loads will be subjected to the seats over normal belts?

Rob

#9 ·
Looking good lol. Seem to fit quite well, I was thinking round eyelets to connect the hooks to in place of the old rear seat belt connectors.

I was always told never to use harnesses with standard seats, so I'd say no
What was the reasoning behind that?

Wit you mean for a HATCH right? Just in case the mountings are differnet for some reason. Can't think why you'd put a harness in your sorn'd nice car when you have a track-shed :p
Yeah I meant hatch no way i'd *******ise a sexy saloon mow is there? lol.

#12 ·
Well I bit the bullet and got some. I've fitted the drivers side without any real issues I've had to cross the rear braces to prevent them falling off the shoulder ( will update with pics tonight as it will explain better). Got a small problem with the old belt as it's fully recoiled and wont now release. If I want to refit them I stumped, am I doing somthing wrong with it?

#14 ·
Seriously they wont budge from being fully recioled, am I being a plank? Also I take it disconnecting the belts from the low level yellow/blue connector brings the SRS light on?

For some reason @ work I cant link photos in a post but the pic of the harness is here:
http://gallery.xpowerforums.com/showphoto.php?photo=24771&cat=9398

How will this fair in a MOT by being crossed?

Cheers again, Rob

#17 ·
Hi, i hope im not too late to be of some use here. You can get a thingy called a CG lock, which is like a brake for your seat belt to stop it moving, keeping it as tight as you want. It doesn't offer the same level of restraint as a harness but its a good compromise and i think theyre only about £40, lots of positive reviews out there for them.

http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/app/performance/

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.