MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what I just got from a full tank of fuel in the 180, and I could of squeezed some more out as well but didn't want to push my luck. Went down to Bodyflight in Bedford Thursday and just tried to keep her at a nice 65 ish most of the way (wasn't in any rush).

Is that any good then folks? What's the most some of you lot have got out of 180's?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well mine's a little poorly, got a slight misfire somewhere, tried all the usual routes but I am still trying to track it down without spending a fortune.

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
Nice, best I got out of mine was 340 miles, doing same thing on motorway.

I'm guessing these days even though a ZS180 doesn't have a huge tank it must still cost something like £70 to fill up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, best I got out of mine was 340 miles, doing same thing on motorway.

I'm guessing these days even though a ZS180 doesn't have a huge tank it must still cost something like £70 to fill up.
I think mine is about £65 from nearly empty although it's usually about £58 as I never let it get right down.
The 360 miles was done on Momentum 99, so maybe there is some truth in the 'get more miles from a tank' saying!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Kirk, if I dont get 360 miles from mine I'm fuming and assume something is wrong with car, best I got was 398 and it almost stopped lol

And we live almost in the same spot...

·
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180
265 Posts
The best I've had from mine (doing normal motorway driving) was 333.1 - Dartford to Birmingham for POL 2010 then back again. I would've got more if I'd been lighter footed but petrol wasn't as expensive then ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kirk, if I dont get 360 miles from mine I'm fuming and assume something is wrong with car, best I got was 398 and it almost stopped lol

And we live almost in the same spot...
That is good mate, just got to be sensible with the right foot :)

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I once worked out that I got 42mpg on a long run to Scotland, dont remember all the numbers. I maintained 65 mph for the majority of the journey!

It was a damp, rainy day, and so not suitable for 'fast' driving.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The best I got on a long run was 388. I keep trying to beat that but after I have used half a tank a road that "wants" you to hit the loud pedal appears and screws my MPG :biggrin:

Jez

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
420 in ZT 190 Manchester to Andover, left early so sat at 3k all the way 73 mph

350 on town driving, clearly the gearing is a little better for long runs.

However the race car (ZS) can do 80 minutes on a full tank of super plus......

·
Registered
559 Posts
when I was on a trip to Croatia I make 345m/555km twice, full boot and 2 people , used backroads. After that never archive this because I want to hear V6 roar. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts