MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Awesome Gary, i know you are not one to mince your words either so this raises my value of the car greatly.

Kepp us posted :)
Will do, though I don't think they'll be anything to report for at least a few weeks :-(

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nice one gary glad your happy it and for the money you cant complain for a brand new motor . I think they look ok but the performance is a big no no for me but as long as your happy mate that's all that counts .
Cheers mate, I guess once loosened up it won't be a huge amount behind my ZS but obviously in a different league to a 180!
Have seen a few posts commenting on lack of pull out of junctions, certainly didn't notice that at all.
Karen had a Fabia the other week, lovely car tbh but only a 1.2 I think, she said it was awful going up to Buxton.
Three of us in the 3 and it pulled ok up a bank round Newcastle

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Nobody else splashed out on one yet?

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Be interesting to see how you get on with the THREE. Would think that it will be OK - it's been for sale in China for two years and any minor failings will be rectified by now.

Good luck.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Be interesting to see how you get on with the THREE. Would think that it will be OK - it's been for sale in China for two years and any minor failings will be rectified by now.

Good luck.
Yes, but only 110,000 people testing it so far, although the engine is better tested with another quarter million of them in the 350:

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts
"Possible" delivery in Oct. But not concrete, should be this year at least!

Got reg AM63 FUN, looks like "A MG3" on plate, so ideal for the car (maybe MGUK will sponsor me?)

To his credit knowing I was looking at a 6 as well, sales guy said he could source a TSE for me. Trouble is I don't know whether I am of really freaky proportions but theres not enough headroom for me ( 3 is great in that respect)
Like it Gary,like it.............cool2

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yes, but only 110,000 people testing it so far, although the engine is better tested with another quarter million of them in the 350:

They should be selling that here, looks good to me.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Interesting. Didn't see the booted version last time I was in Beijing - but in all honesty wasn't looking for it. I agree it does look OK.

Must not detract from the OP, Lets get your feedback on the MG3 please - when you get yours.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Interesting. Didn't see the booted version last time I was in Beijing - but in all honesty wasn't looking for it. I agree it does look OK.

Must not detract from the OP, Lets get your feedback on the MG3 please - when you get yours.
The Beijing version doesn't look so good, it has a Roewe badge on the front and different, less sporty styling. The nice looking one below is from Kazakhstan and the dark one in the snow from Belarus.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well, should pick it up next Thursday.

Have a feeling this may be a slow week!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I went for a nose at one a few weeks back gary just to see one in the flesh so to speak . Gotta say was impressed with the looks of it think it looks smart they just need to make a quick one now :) Anyway good luck with yours mate and get a pic posted up when you get it .

·
Theres a new legal high its called ZS180
114 Posts
I've only just seen an advert for a 3 on TV tonight. Looks good and i'm glad MG are advertising as the 6 didn't catch my radar if it was. The 3 might have been on TV earlier too but I don't watch tv enough to know.
Obviously all cars are looking similar these days, but designs tend to stay similar with only a couple bucking the trend. Take the Astra and Rover 45, both had a similar 5 door profile and the focus just did its unusual thing.
As for the MG3 well it's being funky like a DS3 I guess which actually works very well in this trendy market. And young people, who aren't as eager to buy cars will hopefully be enticed by a new kid on the block.
I'm just hoping for the 3 to rival the 200hp DS3.
That will get us XPF's excited!
And a lets hope for aftermarket stuff other than stickers, like a few nice spoilers, or exhausts. nothing too chavy mind.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I went for a nose at one a few weeks back gary just to see one in the flesh so to speak . Gotta say was impressed with the looks of it think it looks smart they just need to make a quick one now :) Anyway good luck with yours mate and get a pic posted up when you get it .
What surprised me is how big they are, I was thinking Metro but tbh interior wise is pretty much the same as ZS.

Hoping mine wont look too chavvy with a target on the roof and boy racer stripes up the bonnet LOL!

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
I've only just seen an advert for a 3 on TV tonight. Looks good and i'm glad MG are advertising as the 6 didn't catch my radar if it was. The 3 might have been on TV earlier too but I don't watch tv enough to know.
Obviously all cars are looking similar these days, but designs tend to stay similar with only a couple bucking the trend. Take the Astra and Rover 45, both had a similar 5 door profile and the focus just did its unusual thing.
As for the MG3 well it's being funky like a DS3 I guess which actually works very well in this trendy market. And young people, who aren't as eager to buy cars will hopefully be enticed by a new kid on the block.
I'm just hoping for the 3 to rival the 200hp DS3.
That will get us XPF's excited!
And a lets hope for aftermarket stuff other than stickers, like a few nice spoilers, or exhausts. nothing too chavy mind.
The 6 ad was nice but sedate and emphasised the link to the MGB, with not even a mention of the zeds. Sat in dealers tonight next to a blue GT, in the flesh a very nice looking car.

http://youtu.be/CS6A67UXpaM

21 - 40 of 68 Posts