MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

341 - 360 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
This one looks like a nice example ,personally I checked a few over and had a test when I changed from the Zed 180.

I didnt bother to be honest.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks very much, I am hoping to find someone that will appreciate the unique nature of the beast!

Hint - this is where you all start calling and offering to come and buy her!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I see she needs fuel again Matt :slap:
Sorry couldn't resist

·
Registered
57 Posts
I do have the spare pipe thank you very much - I really should have had it fitted but its been in the boot since I got it from you and I just never remember it!

And yes it does seem to need some fuel. I never had a problem with the fuel consumption for the first couple of years - quite happy to pay an extra £10 to do a journey compared to a boring shopping car. but then my usage changed and I was doing 95% around (very hilly) town - thats when I noticed a big difference!! Most critical was that I never got a chance to really open her up - way to illegal and fast!

Now I have swapped to a suzuki cappuccino I rag the absolute @rse off it and I have yet to put more than £10 in the last 3 weeks so it is a bit of a change!
(not good on long journeys though - a bit "frantic" but the only cars that do everything well, rarely do anything spectacularly - i.e. boring)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Matt

As you know, I am looking for a 260 (just a pity we are a bit away price wise) - out of interest, what MPG or what miles where you getting to a tank? Do you run on Super or 99ron, or is normal unleaded sufficient?

No, I won't be shocked (having run a Impreza, Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 and so on ).

Thanks

Charlie

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Thanks very much, I am hoping to find someone that will appreciate the unique nature of the beast!

Hint - this is where you all start calling and offering to come and buy her!
I will own one someday, but at the moment the bank manager wouldn't like me making you and offer :( It's a gorgeous car, really hope the buyer who gets her understands what special cars they are.

I have to ask, how many of those 36K miles were spent in tunnels?? :D :D

·
RWD FTW
257 Posts
Matt

As you know, I am looking for a 260 (just a pity we are a bit away price wise) - out of interest, what MPG or what miles where you getting to a tank? Do you run on Super or 99ron, or is normal unleaded sufficient?

No, I won't be shocked (having run a Impreza, Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 and so on ).

Thanks

Charlie

I get about 18mpg -thats with no motorway miles though. I got 28mpg on a smooth run to the peaks.

200-300miles on a tank.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the comments.

I get about 250 - 300 miles per tank, I think one run was 320 but the last few miles required tightly clenched buttocks and a cigarette paper balanced on the throttle to get to the petrol station!

Tunnels are a danger zone to the 260 driver on a budget, or in a hurry as you have to make sure you get the "run through" right!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi all

Quick update, I had interested parties but no-one was interested in making an offer until I revealed my reserve price, but I didnt want to disclose that whilst there was the interest - Catch 22 situation!

so to let you know that if I get an offer with a 7 at the front I would be interested in doing a deal.

I think compared to the others out there, it has just been serviced, has loads of tax, both keys, tires are fine for years and has had most of the niggling reliability glitches fixed so it has as much on it as you are going to get. I dont think there are many others on the market with that kind of comprehensive spec sheet. Any one of these missing/have-not-been-fixed could cost a couple of hundred quid each...

·
Where's my telephone sanitizer?
464 Posts
Hi all

I have adjusted the price a bit...
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1125752.htm

feel free to pass on to anyone you know may be looking

Cheers

Matt
after the collection of XPower exhausts on V8's at Gaydon yesterday I'm hooked again...
you're in the right part of the country, but it's the wrong shape... :(
I'm after a tourer... I think it might take me a while to find a good'un

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Has it been sold?

I can only see 2 black ones and one has 73k on clock and the other has only done 13k but has had 3 owners

If they sound anything like Jowetts i would have one of them anyday.

341 - 360 of 388 Posts