MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed in the weeks local rag that the MGOC have a meet at the Cotswold Wildlife Park, Nr Burford. Oxfordshire this Sunday.

Turn up in a modern MG and the entrance fee is doubled. :D No, seriously I think its free in this case! ;)

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
There is motor racing at Cadwell Park this weekend (sunday) which includes the MGOC championship, but also on the programme is another round of the X-Power Caterhams!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
High probability Nat. Her indoors as not been approached yet!

But was thinking of going to the NEC - hoped I may glimpse the XPower ZT's (it was there last year), but I doubt this year will be as well supported by MGR. Especially as they are at Rockingham too.

This event sounds like a sensible option! Only problem is I've now got to polish the ZED!

Kelvin,

Take it your off to Cadwell then?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Dunno what we're doing this weekend - MIGHT see you there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I decided to pop in at the "PARK," after watching the F1 race - now wasn't that better. Mosied about, talked to the commitee who mentioned they met on the first Wednesday of every month at the "Rose Revived".

Richard (rjday) introduced himself to me - MGB and Trophy Blue ZS owner and found out we have supplying dealers in common!

Picture of the concours cars after a run around the Cotswolds.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Jerry,

you must be going soft looking at all them old MG's !:p

If I recall you don't like the old MGB brigade(remember when you introduced yourself to me at Gaydon).

Don't worry I'm only teasing, looked like a good day.

Shame nothing like that occurs over this way. Everything seems to be south of Brum :( or in Yorkshire ?

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike

I still have the same feelings about the MGB (the V8's just about bearable), arrived after 3pm and was there only an hour. Spotted a few beards though. :(

May convert some owners to recycle their MGB's and buy a new ZED at their meetings! :D

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
XPower Admin! said:
Mike

I still have the same feelings about the MGB (the V8's just about bearable), arrived after 3pm and was there only an hour. Spotted a few beards though. :(

May convert some owners to recycle their MGB's and buy a new ZED at their meetings! :D
Well I've got the Z already, but the B's got to be kept, it balances the boy racer side of me. Well it will if I ever get it finished.

Although I am tempted to set it up for track use :D :D poss mod's may include 2L 16v K series out of an old 820SI or Vitesse ? depends on technicalities of mating up to a rear wheel drive gear train. Could make an interesting combination as the K is lighter than the old B and should give plenty more BHP.

Roll on next year

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK

A little tongue in cheek, but those I did speak to DID make me feel welcome. Had to laugh when I mentioned TF in the comittee tent and someone said "that it shouldn't be called that".

Live and Let Live at least they kept the marque alive until the recent resurrection! Plus we don't have to go their meetings, if you don't want to. Although I said to Richard I would if I could, might be fun.

Dave,

No real ale or "Old Speckled Hen" just ready for one too!

Mike,

Would that be a first?

A K in the B, wouldn't it be too powerfiul after replacing the "elastic band?"

·
V8. What a sound
351 Posts
I would like to think we made Jerry very welcome, as is anybody with any MG new or old.
Likewise at our monthly meetings at the Rose Revived all MG owners and partners welcome. We don't all have beards and drink flat beer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Flat Beer

Richard,

Those I did talk to did make me feel welcome and I'll be there at the "Rose Revived" to say hello. I like flat beer though. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would have been nice

rjday (Richard). Apologies for not turning out to the MG Owners meet - see "Site Feedback & Suggestions - explains why.Trying to knock this computer into shape. :hammerhea Now time to have the beer I prmosed myself. :beerchug

·
V8. What a sound
351 Posts
Morning Jerry.
You actually chose a good meeting not to attend as with the weather we had a fairly poor turnout only 15 or 20.
We chose not to go for a run as very few of the M.G.s present have props fitted to the back.
We discussed, briefly, up and coming events including this years Christmas do, probably Bournemouth.
Look forward to seeing you next month on 3rd July.
Left a few copies of the flyer floating around so you may get a few more hits on the site.Hope you don't mind the change to A5 (saves paper)
P.S.
I understand we have a mutual acquaintance in Paul Davis. Paul and I go back a long way to our apprenticeship days. I wish him well in his new venture.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers

Richard,

Nice Avatar. I see no reason not to be there next month. If we remember post a new thread to advertise the event. :idea:
Have you considered the Castle Combe Rally Supercar day? Much newer metal available to see. :rockon:
Thanks for advertising the site.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts