MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in conjunction with the mgzs and the mgzr, will be meeting at either loch lomond shores or mcdonalds in balloch at around lunch time on saturdaythe 23rd of january, after everyone as arrived and eaten we shall go in convoy down to luss and get some pics of the cars next to loch lomond:D anyone intrested put ur names on the list, look forward to seeing you and your cars.
p.s. this is my first meet ive attended and also organised so any other ideas are welcome

1:ritchy
2:bmm87
3:buckydevil
4:nor
5:maxfly
6:stephen

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
Make sure to get some piccies whacked up on here o that!;)

I'll guess there's some spectacular scenery (& roads) around there!????

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah were really lucky with the scenery, 10 minute drive and im at the start of the highlands, should get some good pics next to loch lomond across from ben lomond

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Would have liked to attend this but a 400 mile round trip is maybe a bit much.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its just a wee local meet really wouldnt expect any1 to drive any grat length to get here,it should be a good day though:D

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
yeah were really lucky with the scenery, 10 minute drive and im at the start of the highlands, should get some good pics next to loch lomond across from ben lomond
Woukd love to be there to be able to join in- but the distances i'd have to drive would be rediculous!:lol:

Make sure you get some piccies up mate!;)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
deffo will:D as said above its not a massive meet just a sorta not too far way people one lol,

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
Aren't quite a few active members of the MGZS forum from up that neck of the woods'ish anyway!?????

Spose we should try n arrange a few more of these spread around the country so others can join in- say one going over the Buttertubs pass- one out over the Snake, One around the welsh mountains etc etc!

I can still vaguely remember one from way back that was over the moors near & down into Whitby!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its nott too hard to sort one anyone who wants to do one, just pick sumwer wer food aint too far away/ you can do a barbeque

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
its nott too hard to sort one anyone who wants to do one, just pick sumwer wer food aint too far away/ you can do a barbeque
We've had a couple/three meets up at the Bower/snake pass before and there's a nice battle cruiser up there too that does some snap, but the weather is VERY temperamental up there at the best of times- Snakes always getting closed because of it!

As you say- not difficult to sort though!

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Your all quite welcome to attend the Longbridge meet.

Will post dates up as soon as i receive any info.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
is it this year your coming to scotland peter? if so could organise another meet for yerself to be included in:D just give us thedates
Hi Ritchy, we go with the Sun newspaper offers, Holiday in the Sun, get a 6 berth caravan for £38 + £20 for power and service charge, for 4 nights midweek, (sounds a bit like an advert for them!!)

Been up to Berwick, Grange over Sand, all over England and Wales, but not Scotland. You give them the choice of 4 sites and dates you want and they let you know when and where.

From other Scottish meets the roads and country side up there look fantastic, see if we are lucky in getting a booking for next year.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well let me know wer and where ur off too, theres loads of caravan parks round here, one or 2on the side of loch lomond, one another 20 minute drive away at arrochar which is at the top end of loch long, 5 minute if that drive from loch lonmond, at the bottom of the rest and be thankful and theres a lot of nice drives up past there, on the the way to inverary, nice little fish shoip om the way you can get smoked salmon and scrambled egg for breakfast, then on to inverary round the castle and the jail, then on up to oban for some chips:p and the sea life centre, there is a camp site at inverary too, cambletown is a nice drive, unfortunatly there isnt anything to do there tho except buy some chips:p, going through tarbet which is 5 mins if that from arrochar you can follow the a82 on up to fort william, again stunning scenery, and a nice stop off on the way is a pub at ardlui called the drover, its like stepping back 500 years going inside it, stuffed bears and wolves ect, espiecially on a cold day, il attach some pics up later of some of the drives ive been on and got pics of.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
excuse some of the poor quality pics:p they are actually the better ones, tanya aint that good on the camera the first one i took behind the drover pub, it was a rainy day lol the forthrail bridge one i decided to drive tanya home the long way so we went a bridge tour, old kilpatrick across the erskine bridge kingston bridge, forth road bridge, under the forth rail bridge then along to kincardine bridge, lunch at the pub:D then back through stirling and drymen to balloch,the last 3 where on the way to inverary, and they dont really do it justice tbh but couldnt really take any decent pics meself

Attachments

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Cheers Ritchy, someones been talking about my diet, sounds just the place for a great drive, finished of with fish and chips and then a trip to the drover. The smoked salmon sounds good as well.

Roll on the summer. (can't wait for the pics)

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
excuse some of the poor quality pics:p they are actually the better ones, tanya aint that good on the camera the first one i took behind the drover pub, it was a rainy day lol the forthrail bridge one i decided to drive tanya home the long way so we went a bridge tour, old kilpatrick across the erskine bridge kingston bridge, forth road bridge, under the forth rail bridge then along to kincardine bridge, lunch at the pub:D then back through stirling and drymen to balloch,the last 3 where on the way to inverary, and they dont really do it justice tbh but couldnt really take any decent pics meself
Great pics, fantastic views, drover pub here we come!!

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
Off topic- but Ritchy- what colour are those wheels!?, Are they matt black or a sahe of grey!??

Any more piccies of the car with those wheels on!?????

1 - 20 of 26 Posts