MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forget all the hype about the new Honda Civic Type R,here is the original 200 BHP hot hatch,if only Rover marketed the thing as well as Honda do with the Type R this would be regarded as a classic!. (Could do with being a few inches lower though!).

Attachments

G

·
Nice car - shame about marketing!

Kevin - if only? What about the TOMCAT too, if you ask most people they wouldn't even know Rover made a Coupe! :(

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most people dont even know you can get a 200 BHP model in each of the 200,400,600 & 800 ranges,but thats ***'s fault for not letting Rover market them!,i hate ***,nothing against the Germans,just ***!.:mad:

G

·
Tables turned

Now look how the tables have turned. This is the way MG are marketing the cars by PS figures - amazing. ****** fantastic actually! :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's really heartening to see the number of MG Rover cars on the roads these days.

But how many have opted out of a *** 318 in favour of a ZS or ZT I wonder?

:D

G

·
Did the ***, make you smile - caught a few out. Just made me laugh with your response!

Guess you're right though the ZT, has mucho road presence - far more that I thought. Even kids point at it! The colours help as well!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Aaaaaaah ... the GSi turbo, definately a mans car :D:D:D

·
I'm not as think as you confused am I
1,023 Posts
I had a try of a 420 GSi Turbo Sport a year or so ago. Lovely car, went like stink but a bit hairy in the twisty bits. Mind you, with the right insurance, I'd be in one. I'll just have to stick with the 620 until I've saved enough pennies for the ZS180 (Trophy yellow with the BIG spoiler....OOOOOoohhhh Yes!)

·
Registered
263 Posts
216 holding value?

Dave Harrison said:
The coupe's are fetching the money, too.. A garage near me in Biddulph has a 94 M 216 up for £3995:eek:
I part-exed my early 95 216 coop for 3.5k 4 months ago for my ZS180 - which I though was a good price considering it'd done 55k, and needed a complete respray of the 2 door panels due to laquer peeling. I paid 9.5k for it so a reasonable return for a Rover considering I'd thrashed the conkers off it for the past 5 years!

Someone at my gf/s work is hoping to get 5k for his R-reg 216 coop but i think he's pushing it a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts