MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it'd be of any interest on here but thought I'd put this up :) I'm on the MG-Rover/org forum as well with the same username. I'm looking to get back into a Zt or ZT-T ASAP :)

I’m looking to sell my 1998 5th Gen BB8 2.2 VTi VTEC 4WS 'Motegi' edition Prelude in Iceberg Silver; this car has been owned by me since May 2010 and is superb condition with a solid history (fully loaded service book with all receipts) and loaded with high quality modifications & the all elusive 4WS locking pin!

It has just been MOT’d (June 2012) and it’s taxed until Dec 2011. I have ALL receipts of EVERYTHING that has been bought and fitted to the car; all work carried out by the “Stevie’s” at EightSpeed (www.eightspeed.co.uk) and GrinSpeed (www.grinspeed.co.uk) - Both are well known & respected Honda tuners/mechanics

It has also been recently dyno'd with a reading of 203.5BHP at the flywheel with apprx 165ftlb torque (print out in service book); this was without the engine internal modifications. The H22A7 cams are good for a 15-20BHP rise with the Prelude on its OEM ECU; even more when properly tuned.

I bought it with c83.5k miles on it; it’s now just done 90k miles and this will rise but not by much as I work from home (the furthest it goes during the week is to the gym – about 1mile)! Just been to Anglesey and back via Betws Y Coed and the car drove superbly 8)

The car has benefitted from a full rear end re-spray (boot lid, rear bumper and both rear quarters) as well as the side skirts being re-sprayed. There are still a few paint issues to be sorted but they’re not desperate (i.e. wing mirrors and bonnet/front bumper (usual stone chips etc...)

Modifications include:

· H22A5 engine with a fully rebuilt head (head sent away for a professional clean, all valve guides checked, valve seats checked/OEM valves re-lapped and the head was also skimmed to ensure a perfect fit to the block). Internal mods include: Honda Accord Type R H22A7 cams & cam gears, full belt change inc. Gates' timing belt, new OEM Honda head gasket, OEM water pump, new OEM Honda head bolts, new OEM Honda valve oil seals, ADL Blueprint cambelt tensioner, Gates' balancer shaft belt etc... Oil is changed every 3-4months with Fuchs 10W 50 oil and Hamp or OEM Honda filter (all changed & documented at 88688miles)

· Apexi World Sport II cat-back exhaust system with a stainless de-cat (OEM cat included) and a DC Sports stainless 4-2-1 manifold

· OEM Type S air intake with the resonator removed and a K&N panel filter (an AEM long arm (CAI) intake will also come with the car)

· Buddyclub 17" x 7” SF gunmetal alloys (in immaculate condition with NO DAMAGE whatsoever) with blue anodised locking wheel nuts & shod in Toyo T1R 215/45/17 tyres (LOTS of tread left as they’ve only covered c2k miles) - Fitted Feb 2011

· OEM ATR 300mm brake set-up with Ferodo DS2500 pads, Bremtech 300mm slotted discs and HEL braided brake lines (all fitted June 2011)

· Front upper Neuspeed strut brace, rear upper eBay strut brace & brake MS brace

· D2 coilover suspension (ride height and damper adjustable) - Fitted Nov 2010

· OEM ATR H22 clutch and XTD lightened flywheel fitted along with a Goodridge braided clutch line & full MTF gearbox oil change as well as brand new OEM Honda crank seals/drive shaft seals (fitted July 2011)

· Interior mods include: Kenwood CD/USB face-off stereo with Alpine 6x9 rear speakers & OEM front speakers / Prelude car mats / Skunk2 billet gear knob and EK9 gear stick gaitor / Sabelt 350mm suede steering wheel with specific HKB steering wheel boss adpated for 4WS (the OEM steering wheel with cruise control functions & airbag is stored safely and will come with the car)

· Toad Ai606 Thatcham Cat 1 alarm system with spare keys and spare remote fob plus remote start fitted by Barry from Safe’n’Sound (certificate for insurance included)[b/]

All it really needs now is to be tuned properly (i.e. Hondata S300 / ecTune etc...) to get the best out of the engine mods but it runs superbly now, very quick and stops brilliantly too! This ISNT essential though; it would help to get the best out of all the tuning modifications though. The car runs superbly now as it stands (it's stops VERY well indeed also)!

It will be sold ‘as is’ as I’m not looking to split for parts as I can’t be bothered and haven’t got the time.

The car has had THOUSANDS spent on it with very tasteful and useful mods as you can see; it's been well cared for and washed more or less weekly! It is in superb condition and has to be seen & driven to fully understand the work that has gone in to it. It really is a massive amount of car and modifications for the money

ALL SENSIBLE OFFERS CONSIDERED

The full build can be seen here:

http://preludeuk.forumup.com/viewtopic.php?t=36155&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&mforum=preludeuk

It will be sold ‘as is’ as I’m not looking to split for parts as I can’t be arsed and haven’t got the time.

The car has had THOUSANDS spent on it with very tasteful and useful mods as you can see; it's been well cared for and washed more or less weekly!

Price: £3200.00 ono (I’m open to negotiations on the price but please don’t low ball me; you’ll may get told to shove it VERY HARD...)!
IMO the price is fair with the condition & mods on the car. Please dont bother commenting with your opinion. This is a for sale thread

Pictures:

To:

More pictures can be provided if requested

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow, nice but thats a hell of a lot of money!
Sold my 98' accord for not much more than that and it was fully forged 2,2 and turbod with over 320bhp coilovers, interior etc!!

glwts though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comment :tumbleweed:

The price is ono; if the cars of interest, make me an offer

Please; no more comments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The last few pictures are of the car as it stands now... The 1st 3 are as it was when I bought it. It states 'From' and 'to' in the pics :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts