MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

Been away for a while! My ztt 190 seem lethargic. Replaced/fixed both VIN motors but still not right. I will check at a rolling road on Friday, but I suspect that when the cam belt was done it may not be timed correctly.

Question is; how do I check?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
An easy on the road test is
does it start to pick up at about 3000 rpm and then more at around 4000rpm and is it smooth and progresive or does it hesitate?

Also does the manifold rattle?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Fuel filter? I doubt that would make that much difference though. Italian tune up?

OT: Nice website by the way "This web address has not yet had a web page uploaded to it." :lol:

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Smooth as silk. The pick up is not especially noticeable, but there are no VIS motor fault codes following the VIS motor replacements.
but are the butterflies etc working correctly, don't think they show a fault code.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Talkingcars

Well it is not my imagination.

Heres the dyno plot showing 15 or so horses down on peak. Unfortunately I can't find a plot of a vanilla KV6 190 to compare with.

I still suspect that when the cam belt was done they have got it a notch off timing.

I think it is not right across the range, but without a comparison it is tricky to be sure!

Can anyone diagnose the problem from the plot? The rolling road guy said the fuelling was fine.

Cheers
Regards
Spunagain

Attachments

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
thats a very nice linear graph apart from its a few horses down, can't see any obvious vis issues from it

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
What was the flywheel figure and did they do the run down test or just guess at a percentage loss for drivetrain losses? I have a graph from a very similar rolling road and its wheel HP not flywheel as most measure wheel HP first then measure run down and then calculate a final flywheel bhp rather than correct the whole plot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts