MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after laying the car up for 2 weeks i used it tonight and done 30 miles, the problem was my temp gauge was in the red, its not hgf or overheating, fans kicking in lovely and nice hot air from the heaters, no coolant loss and drives flawlessly. Its never happened before??.
It was fluctuating down when i throttled and when i found the temp sender in the V by the thermostat i tapped it with a screwdriver and it kept fluctuating every time it was tapped. Might seem obviuos just to replace the sender but was wondering if anything else cause this to happen, if anyone else has had this fault??

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
never seen anyone post this fault before.. dodgy sender sounds likely.
cheers kev iv searched through forums for days to see if anyone has had anything like it but to no avail, im taking the car of the rd for a while need to do some things on it like inlet, clutch hydraulics etc, i have an impreza sport atm that keeps going and going luckily that i can use. Cant wait to get bk to my 180 driving days properly :)

I will update this post as soon as iv changed the sender! incase this happens to anyone else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts