MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a pipercross open cone (pk226) on my 180 and im wondering if i can use it with some piping into the inner wing ( it has that 90 deg bend on it ) what do i need to do this and will the filter be any good or do i need a better one (noticed it doesnt make much difference to noise fitted as it is ! )

If its going to cost loads i might just pop the standard airbox back on it !

Suggestions and opinions are welcome :)

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
I currently have a pipercross open cone (pk226) on my 180 and im wondering if i can use it with some piping into the inner wing ( it has that 90 deg bend on it ) what do i need to do this and will the filter be any good or do i need a better one (noticed it doesnt make much difference to noise fitted as it is ! )

You'll find all the info you need here.......

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=41234

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts

This is a good move as open cone in the engine is generally a no no as it just sucks in all the hot air from the engine. It probably has been zapping power rather than giving you more grunt.

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What lengths of piping and size connectors will i need... sorry to ask again but just wondering if i can re use my piperx filter with the build it has the gay 90 degree bend on it.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
What lengths of piping and size connectors will i need... sorry to ask again but just wondering if i can re use my piperx filter with the build it has the gay 90 degree bend on it.
If connecting to the oe throttle body rubber you'll need...

76-70mm reducer
2 90 degree alloy bends
1 straight alloy pipe
1 45 degree alloy bend
4 straight rubber connectors
9 jubilee clips

All alloy pipes are 70mm external diameter. Rubber connectors are 70mm internal diameter.

http://www.apiroautostyle.com/products.php?category_id=2

Has the resonator box been removed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts