MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,
does anyone know if the zr 160 gearbox was used in any other make of vehicle e.g ford vauxhall? Prob is my m8's shaft oil seal has gone and is spuing gearoil out tried all local car spares shops and they all say dealer part, so screwed at momment, any help would be very helpfull!!
Cheers steve.................

·
Registered
213 Posts
soz mate it will be a trip to your local ford garage and they dont normally keep them in so allow 2/3 day for the part to turn up you will also need new gear box oil mtf94 which is 25+vat oil seal about 15+vat

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
The ZR160 gearbox is a PG1 which was a Honda part originally, not Ford based.

I think it was the 1.4 Zr105's that used the Ford IB5 'box when the R65 box stopped being used

·
Registered
654 Posts
Can`t be too difficult. All XPart dealers will be happy to sell those, If I`m not contact with Rally Matt and if Idon`t have any time to wait , I do use for immediate delivery Eliseparts.com . Just two post days up to Finland.

Eliseparts is easy for modern young customers, no need to speak English to anyone. Just order and pay them in Internet.:gfight:

For RHD side is also possible to use std shape oil seal from local tool or bearing shop. Even most car part dealers do have them in stock. At least in here.
Can`t remember actual code for the size, but do have several at home if you still do need an alternative I can post numbers later in this afternoon.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Part numbers:
LH side TRX 100060 SLP ( made now in India )

RH side UNG 100060 ( made in China )

Alternative oil seal for RH side; 40 x 62 x 7. Will work as well as OE seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts