MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
But why would you want to ? Would look as odd as hell. I think the discs would foul plus acceleration & braking & handling issues.

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
No, the 282mm discs won't fit inside them unless you get the inside of the wheel modified.

Also WHY? unless you hope to lower your ZS by 80mm or so will look seriously under wheeled..............:hammerhea

16" wheels fit ok though if you must go smaller than 17"

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im looking at a set off wheels to put on while my wheels get painted.. I was offered 15''' wheels for £10

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
If you can find a set of 16" Hairpins they will fit and clear the front discs:idea:

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Hairpins are a good option and provide good handling too. If you were'nt on a different rock I would gladly lend you a set. Can you borrow any from somone local rather than buying a set or leave it on axel stands till there done?

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hairpins are a good option and provide good handling too. If you were'nt on a different rock I would gladly lend you a set. Can you borrow any from somone local rather than buying a set or leave it on axel stands till there done?

looks like it will be axel stands :(

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
15" steelies will just fit, but they are mighty close to the caliper.

·
Elegantly Wasted
286 Posts
Would give them a test fit to see how they are as it doesn't take much at all to push the fit either way. I tried 15" rover alloys on mine when i sent my wheels away and they were just too tight so had to borrow bigger wheels for the front and left the 15"s on the back:D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
yeah but its whether they fit over the discs or not, smaller engined zs have 262 discs, like try fit a standard focus wheel on a rs aint happening

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I have ZS180 front and rear brakes on my Honda CRX
15's will go on no problem, I have about 6 sets of 15's I use.
Have a look for Superlegs either 15 or 16.
Kev Neil used to run BFG Drag Radials on 15" rims.

Depending on which tyre choice it will alter your gearing a tad, also may upset the ABS, worth checking.

Eddie

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Ritchy

I have a set of those :crackup

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I am keen on getting some 15 inch steels with winter tyres on if they will fit. I figure 16's will be to big to get a decent full height tyre on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts