MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'm quite glad that it's not sold in MG-R showrooms, because with all the hype leading up to the "Cooper" in June, what will they have to offer after that?....Err......Not a lot. so when all the fuss dies down, the ltd. editions will spew forth, and they will have to drop the prices, or die.
To have made this work the "MINI" should have been more accesible to the mainstream market, and not just centered on the style driven upper reaches where fads and fashions change so terribly quickly. Look at the new Beetle.
In comparison, MGR are offering a dynamic, accesible range of cars, (Blown ZS, Mr. Neal? Very soon sir!) appealing to the wider market, and such a white elephant would be nothing but an embarrasment parked next to the oferings coming up in due course.
So let them stay in that quiet corner of the *** dealership. In the years to come, believe me, it will be quieter still...

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I'm not sure if it is too big. I think that the small size of the windows helps to create that illusion. Although it obviously has been influenced by the 'proper' mini, I don't think that it will, in any way, replace it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It's all wrong, they have forgotten the whole idea of issi's mini.
Small on the outside, big on the inside!!!
It's almost the size of a golf yet there is no room inside at all.
Apart from the cooper s they are all very slow.
Look at the performance figure on the cooper then look at say a Rover 45 1.6
Now surely it should be faster than a medium/large family four door as the engine is the same size?

Come on MG-R Build an Austin Seven and blow the ### Mini away!!
Something fun, pratical, nice looking and price it right!!

Chris

P.S. The classic mini fan

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
JLD said:
I'm not sure if it is too big. I think that the small size of the windows helps to create that illusion. Although it obviously has been influenced by the 'proper' mini, I don't think that it will, in any way, replace it.
I saw one standing next to a Metro - a supermini - and the *** was considerably bigger than the Metro.

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
coopersworks said:
It's all wrong, they have forgotten the whole idea of issi's mini.
Small on the outside, big on the inside!!!
It's almost the size of a golf yet there is no room inside at all.
Apart from the cooper s they are all very slow.
Look at the performance figure on the cooper then look at say a Rover 45 1.6
Now surely it should be faster than a medium/large family four door as the engine is the same size?

Come on MG-R Build an Austin Seven and blow the ### Mini away!!
Something fun, pratical, nice looking and price it right!!

Chris

P.S. The classic mini fan
I could've written that, I agree with all you said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts