MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Just passed 5K this afternoon. Can't say exactly when - I was concentrating too much on the road. No major problems at all.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just passed 8,000 last night and broadly have to echo Kelvin's view of the car. Downsides of ZS180 ownership are 26mpg and needing a new pair fo tyres sometime between now and 10,000 miles. But, hey, if I had wanted low running cost, it's not the most obvious car to buy is it? ;) The fun warrants the cost, IMO. :D

S.

·
Registered
62 Posts

just passed 15k

and I agree 26mpg, new p-zeros at 11.8k (£126 per corner) are an acceptable cost when driving this car! awesome regularly spank, golf gti's Merc CLK's, and all manner of suped up baby hatches,

published top speed easily acheivable, and 0-60 likewise!!!

Larry

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Re: 15k

Hey Kelvin was just having a look at some of the old posts :) how many miles you done now....?

Jez

·
MG ZS 180 Mk2 Starlight Silver
788 Posts
Just ova 10k for me and still going strong :D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
ive got 41k 1300 of that has been done in the last two weeks on holiday on a long run i was getting well over 350miles to the tank just round town its not good all ive paid out for is pads and tyres not inc mods and services

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Just past 70k now
Kelvins is probably one of the earliest 180s knocking about that i have seen and still looks good and also is running fine.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Im on 38k now done 26k this year. Lots of petrol that :D

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My annual mileage has dropped in the last couple of years, else I think I would be knocking on 85,000 - 90k Car is not looking as good as Paul normally sees it, have been real lazy and the car need a good clean inside and out. I am also possibly one of the few people on here that purchased a Mk1 in the same year of its first manufacture, and still owns it. I dont think there are too many Y reg MG ZS owners on here?

Kelv

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
53,000 in 21/2 years in my Mk2....starting to show signs of wear and tear now :sad:

Wak

·
A boffin and proud of it
1,893 Posts
27K and just passed MOT "She is fine sir" was the comment.
Fast Idle:
CO 0.00%
HC 2PPM
1.00 on Lambda

Idle:
C0 0.03%

Clean engine!
:) :) :MG: :) :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
My annual mileage has dropped in the last couple of years, else I think I would be knocking on 85,000 - 90k Car is not looking as good as Paul normally sees it, have been real lazy and the car need a good clean inside and out. I am also possibly one of the few people on here that purchased a Mk1 in the same year of its first manufacture, and still owns it. I dont think there are too many Y reg MG ZS owners on here?

Kelv
Hi there, i have a 04 2002 mk1 ZS180 with 100000km or about 62k miles. It is
still going strong and looks OK, it's been well looked after though.

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
05 ZS180 Mkll - 31K and two years old last month.

Two dealer services and a set of boots plus (gratefully) Sheddist clutch and Masher mini oil catcher. Called JCT and talked to service manager before I bought - no issues with this car at the garage.

Bonnet has some chips from the motorway use by re-tread (not the cars fault) which I will get sorted at some stage. Couple wheel scuffs - ditto.

The horn has just packed up - according Neil this is quite commen and a poor design. £9 from scrapper but i'll probably get a better (new) one.

Tyres - the Avon ZZ's on mine have terrific grip even in the wet and are not too expensive. Petrol - OK in 5th on the motorway unless you have a heavy foot. Urban, well it could be better but I'd rather have the MG and 180BHP than a Nissan Micra so.....

I love it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts