MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting a new thread for this question,

My TF is an 04 plate, The owners hand book is missing but I do have a MGR workshop manual.
On this there is a handbook, the 2nd warning light on the far most left hand side of the inst pack indicates that this is the haz warning light indicator (a red triangle).
My inst cluster is different to what the handbook is showing, the indicator looks like a canister with a cap at the top right hand side and a what looks like a liquid line further down in the container (or it could be poss be a drawing of a radiator ?) I'll have to check but I thought the water sensor was fitted to cars from 2005 only ?

Has anyone got a handbook to check against ?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It will be the low coolant warning light.
Only 2005 cars had a fully functioning system, but components of the system were introduced in 2004, so its not uncommon for 2004 cars to have a non-functional warning light.
Some cars were even fitted the newer instrument cluster and the expansion tank with sensor, but no wiring to connect the two.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Steve,

I've done a bit of investigation and looks like I have a fully working low coolant setup. I removed the fluid from the coolant tank and then turned the ignition on and the said indicator light illuminated, turned ignition off and refilled the tank, ignition on and the indicator remains off. So looks like I have a 2005 int cluster as well. Anyway that'.s this question answered

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The warning light should come on for a few seconds when the ignition is first turned on to test the bulb, and then go out.
It will actually come on with quite a small level drop. Mine will used to trigger under cornering if the coolant level was on the seam in the tank, so I have to fill mine a little above the seam.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve you are correct in that the light does come on then off when the ignition is turned on.
I was just surprised it was actually fitted on a 04 car, an actual bonus cos it saves me fitting one and £95.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts