MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Does this apply to the ZR-160's? My local dealer told me so when I went to book a test drive last week (still gotta wait another 2 weeks until they get a demo car from Rover) but Im not convinced? Anyone bought one recently and can tell me for sure?

Thanks,
Simon

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
The MGR website is usually pretty good and keeping up-to-date with the latest offers. 0% finance does crop up from time to time but usually on a specific model and variant. I don't recall seeing the ZR160 mind you.

Also, I don't know if the promotion is still going, but back in February when I got my Zed there was one year's free insurance on all NEW ZRs (regardless of variant) but there is small print which, as one of the contributors to this thread found out to his cost, must be read.

Best advice on both is to talk to your local MGR dealer which, admittedly, may not sound appealing but keep at it and provided they are aware you are seriously interested, should buck up their ideas.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Agree with Findlay.

However also worth checking this Thread

Same info on main site Here

It reads free insurance for a year on ZR105/120 & plus low Flat Rates. ZR160 not mentioned. :(

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
and ZS. Sticker on ZS bonnet stating 0% finance. So I assume this to be the case for the model. Wrights of Lincoln. Went in today, more to follow.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Yorkie but I want a 5 dr and I need to p/ex my current car so private buy is pretty much out.

Thanks anyway,

Simon.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
P1 - i could cut 2 more door into it if you like

Jerry - to be honest i'm just fed up with the thing, its been into 3 dealers 9 times for niggly problems and its just so annoying to sy it was a BRAND NEW car
i had a saxo vtr when they came out in 97 and that was total crap, i would never buy citroen/peugeot again - jap crap or german next thats for sure:mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Ive heard a lot of people whinge about ZR build quality and Im having second thoughts and leaning towards the Honda Civic Type R. Doesnt look as good but drives like a beast and creams the ZR-160 on performance.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
What Next?

That's a real shame - have you written to MGR outlining the dealer problems?

Are the problems major, or could a good dealer sort it. Would be a shame to loose one of Findlays clan if they can be fixed!

If you were closer to my dealer (Kernahan) I WOULD recommend them. Hope you get what you are asking for it though.

If you sell what do you fancy - CTR - Scoob. What about the white VI?

P1, that's the problem with BB's I think, those who are unhappy mostly write. The people with NO problesm seldom log on. I know Yorkie has had problems, but I would think he is in the minority! I like the CTR performance - but the looks - ugh. :( However, it is made in the UK!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts