MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my zed has always felt very quick so i just did a 0-60 time on a private road tonight....

5.6 seconds! well happy with that!!!!!! All i have done to it is a decat pipe and a quaife atb, its a mk11 hatch. very happy, ok its not the most official way of doing it i filmed it on my phone 4 times and timed and stopped it at 62ish as i know speedos arent accurate.

funny that people think they arent that fast, correct me if im wrong but thats faster than any fwd car you can buy isnt it?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
My Skyline wasnt that fast and it had a turbo and a whole bunch of horses more. Cant see it personally, my ZS180 just about kept up with the civic type r's and so on. Sub 6 seconds ... na.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Seem way to quick with those mods! My old track180 was about the same 0-60 as that and that had many mods, would make a STD/ lightly tuned 180 look silly.

Still I bet the diff will make a nice difference!

·
Watch out for Olli!!
373 Posts
I should time mine, When the vvc kicks in it makes a noise like its going to take off, I think its all in my mind that my car is quick though.

LOL at Luke. Cali does get you from A to b.... eventually :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seem way to quick with those mods! My old track180 was about the same 0-60 as that and that had many mods, would make a STD/ lightly tuned 180 look silly.

i have stripped out seats and bits from the car aswell. But it seems as quick as my blue car which has all the mods as you had. which was why i did a 0-60 test as i wondered just how quick it was. also ive been doing very well off the lights with far more powerful cars/hot hatches in it recently too. pulled abouit 3 car lengths ahead of a porche boxster down a slip road the other day. and pulled about 5 car lengths in front of a megane not long ago too. just seems really really quick. i'll try and post of the vids. can you attach a vid to this thread?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

its also got avo coilers which are set very hard if that helps with the launch??

·
Registered
507 Posts
I should time mine, When the vvc kicks in it makes a noise like its going to take off, I think its all in my mind that my car is quick though.

LOL at Luke. Cali does get you from A to b.... eventually :)
lulz i love that noise and then the overrun when you can still here the vvc, and mine when the rear flap open and lets all the janspeed goodness come out :D quiet quiet vvc kick very loud ^_^

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
i filmed it on my phone 4 times and timed and stopped it at 62ish as i know speedos arent accurate.
Do you have a stopwatch in the frame ? if not you should film a stopwatch using the same phone to get an idea of calibration . . . 120 seconds should suffice.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not a chance of getting sub 6 seconds without serious serious performance mods and weight loss. So you are saying that your car is as fast as a Ford Focus RS500 which makes 0-60 in 5.6 seconds.................
Sorry, but I think your speedo must be well out to get those kinds of figures.
Plus Ford spent millions on designing the system to get a front wheel drive car to those sort of specs!!

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
my zed has always felt very quick so i just did a 0-60 time on a private road tonight....

5.6 seconds! Well happy with that!!!!!! All i have done to it is a decat pipe and a quaife atb, its a mk11 hatch. Very happy, ok its not the most official way of doing it i filmed it on my phone 4 times and timed and stopped it at 62ish as i know speedos arent accurate.

Funny that people think they arent that fast, correct me if im wrong but thats faster than any fwd car you can buy isnt it?
MGs aint slow:)

Take it down the Strip and then you will actually see what the old girl can do

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Sat nav gives a good true speed indication, most speedo's are around 3-5 mph out. This is not helped by cars changing wheel size tyres size and final drive.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts